A stunning glass roof will let light flood in
A significant step in the glass industry was made with the development of Pilkington Activ™, the first dual-action self-cleaning glass. The unique dual-action of the Pilkington Activ™ coating uses the forces of nature to help keep the glass free from dirt, giving not only the practical benefit of less cleaning, but also clearer, better-looking windows. The Pilkington Activ™ Range includes products which benefit from both self-cleaning and solar control properties helping to create an environment that can be used all year round.
How Self cleaning glass Works
The unique dual-action self-cleaning coating is located on the external pane of glass. The coating has revolutionay photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties, and works in two stages:
Stage 1 - The coating reacts with natural daylight to break down and loosen organic dirt.
Stage 2 - When it rains, instead of forming droplets, the water spreads evenly over the surface of the glass, helping to wash away any dirt and reduce streaking.
During long dry spells the glass can be cleaned by simply hosing it down with clean water.
Watch our Glazed roof video
Our sel cleaning glass roofs are available across our range of traditional conservatories, orangeries, loggia, and Sky Rooms
Glazed roof benefits
- Latest technology, Pilkington Activ™ breaks down organic dirt and helps it to be washed away
- Chemical reaction that uses UV light to break down and detach particles of organic dirt from the glass
- Water spreads evenly over the glass surface to form a thin film, helping to wash dirt away, and drying off quickly
- Your roof will carry on cleaning itself, even on cloudy days
- Improved vision while raining, and afterwards
- Never need drying - even after hosing down
- Ideal for hard-to-reach glazing such as skylights
- More friendly to the environment than ordinary glass
- Pilkington Activ™ is virtually indistinguishable from ordinary glass