A stunning glass roof will let light flood in
A significant step in the glass industry was made with the development of Pilkington Activ™, the first dual-action self-cleaning glass. The unique dual-action of the Pilkington Activ™ coating uses the forces of nature to help keep the glass free from dirt, giving not only the practical benefit of less cleaning, but also clearer, better-looking windows for your glass roof. The Pilkington Activ™ Range includes products which benefit from both self-cleaning and solar control properties helping to create an environment that can be used all year round.
How A Self Cleaning Glass Roof Works
The unique dual-action self-cleaning coating is located on the external pane of glass. The coating has revolutionay photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties, and works in two stages:
Stage 1 - The coating reacts with natural daylight to break down and loosen organic dirt.
Stage 2 - When it rains, instead of forming droplets, the water spreads evenly over the surface of the glass, helping to wash away any dirt and reduce streaking.
During long dry spells the glass can be cleaned by simply hosing it down with clean water.
Glazed roof benefits
- Latest technology, Pilkington Activ™ breaks down organic dirt and helps it to be washed away
- Chemical reaction that uses UV light to break down and detach particles of organic dirt from the glass
- Water spreads evenly over the glass surface to form a thin film, helping to wash dirt away, and drying off quickly
- Your extension or conservatory glass roof will carry on cleaning itself, even on cloudy days
- Improved vision while raining, and afterwards
- Never need drying - even after hosing down
- Ideal for hard-to-reach glazing such as skylights
- More friendly to the environment than ordinary glass
- Pilkington Activ™ is virtually indistinguishable from ordinary glass
Watch our Glazed roof video
Our self cleaning glass roofs are available across our range of traditional conservatories, orangeries, loggia, and Sky Rooms
REQUEST A CALLBACK
Simply fill in this form and we'll call you to discuss your project. We then offer a free no obligation quote based on your requirements.
Alternatively, call 01458 445565